Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reflection Blog

I believe everything we have completed in this class thus far can be extremely helpful and used in the classroom.  The KWL chart is a great way to find out what children know, want to know, and what they learned.  A KWL chart can also be used as a form of assessment in the classroom.  KWL charts can also be used at any grade level.  KWL charts can be made into a craft activity for younger grades also, rather than just being written on paper.

The portaportal assignment is also something that can be very helpful in my classroom.  I included many interactive sights on my portaportal for grade levels in my certification area.  Therefore, this can be used when I get my very own classroom.  The portaportal website links many sites to the same page so that they are very accessible and easy to get to.  That is a huge positive for a tool that is to be used in the classroom.

We have only completed one discussion so far over the first two chapters of the textbook.  Although, the two chapters we have completed so far have had helpful information in them.  They covered how students abilities and ways of learning have changed over time due to technology.  I believe that the information provided in the first two chapters was definitely information that future educators need to know.  Future educators need to know how to adapt in the classroom and learn from their students that have grown up in the digital generation.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the KWL chart was neat as well. I've never done one before but it is a great idea that even kids can do. I want to teach kindergarten so I know I will use it and probably have them do it as a class instead of individual (since they can't really write yet). And the portaportal is awesome! I keep referring back to it for all of my other classes. I divided mine into grades, so whatever grade I end up teaching I will have things already lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this post as well but i didn't even think about useful the KWL chart can be. I always saw the KWL charts as something to do to start a lesson but your suggestion of using the KWL chart as as an assessment in the classroom is a great idea. And you are right this would be a great tool for classroom at any level.

    ReplyDelete